Monday, June 9, 2014

Tilapia, Veggies and Cheese Quinoa

It's what's for Dinner!
This is delish and super easy! During the week I am all about easy dinners.

Tilapia Fish:
Drizzle a little bit of Olive oil on each piece, and I used Mrs. Dash Original seasonings. Set the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 30 to 40 mins until the fish is white and flaky. (there is seasoning mixtures that you can make in the 21 Day fix book, but I feel that Mrs. Dash is just as good and there is no salt in it!)

The Veggies:

 I got one of those large bags of frozen veggies from Costco. Most of the time I use fresh veggies, I put them in a steamer pot with some water and squeezed fresh lemon juice on them and let them steam until tender.

Cheesy Quinoa:
This was the first time making this, so what I did was made a 1/2 a cup of quinoa (that feeds about 3 people) and I cooked it as normal. I used organic chicken broth to cook it instead of water.
I added
1/4 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tsp of butter
1/2 cup of cheese I just used cheese I had on hand, but you can use cheddar
1/2 tsp. of pepper

I had the heat on med and mixed together til it was nice and creamy. It was really good and it curbed my craving for Mac and Cheese!

Please share your recipes with me! What did you have for dinner? Is there a favorite meal that you like making? I would love if you shared on my Facebook page, Fit for Life with Katie Schluter.

No comments:

Post a Comment